Looking for something like a logon script

Phil Cox pcc at llnl.gov
Thu Dec 17 23:37:16 GMT 1998

All,

I have need of functionality, and want to see if anyone has an idea on the
best way to do it (actually hoping someone has, and I can just steal it ;)

Requirements: When a user connects/authenticates to a Samba server a pop-up
window with the users last connect/authentication time to that resource is
displayed on the Windows NT workstation (It will be either NT WS or
smbclient).

Anyone got something that does this or near it? Otherwise I am thinking
that a logon script to parse the logfile and send a winpopup is the only
answer.

Any info is appreciated.

Phil
Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC)    Philip C. Cox
(510)422-8193                                   (510)422-8564
ciac at llnl.gov                                   pcc at llnl.gov