Problem with exported Optical Drive

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Thu Dec 17 17:15:39 GMT 1998

> I'm using Samba quiet a while and never had a problem I couldn't solve
> for myself. Now I've got one :) Everytime I write files > 30 MB on my
> exported Fujitsu M2513A Windows is terminating with "Network share is
> no longer available". The Windows progress indicator shows nothing, but
> the file is written and then discarded (after the error message) !
> Now I've set the following options for the MO-Share

	I think the client timed out!
	There was a discussion of something similar recently,
	in which the logs (at a high logging level) showed that
	the client didn't finish some work in a "reasonnable"
	time, and quietly gave up.

	Try collecting logs at a high number for that share
	and (as a pure wild-ass experiment) turn off read raw for
	the share.

--dave (ie, try a different code path in hopes the bug isn't
	in both parts (:-))
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437, Home: (416) 223-8968, Email: davecb at canada.sun.com