SAMBA digest 1909

Christian M Pinheiro pinheiro_christian at jpmorgan.com
Tue Dec 15 17:35:23 GMT 1998

Hi all,

That´s my first message here in ths discussion group.
Im using samba with no really problems, cause Im not using passwords.
But now, I want to enable password authentication.

I have a Sparc 20 with Solaris 2.6, and Im using Samba 1.9.17pl
The Solaris 2.6 have passwd / shadow password type.

Only the user httpd will be able to login in Samba, and will enter in
/websp/htdocs, but It needs to be password protected.

I was trying to compile again Samba with encryption option, but the package
Samba doen´t brings the library ***** DES.H *****
I have des.h in Solaris, but when I copied this file inside the correct
directory, a lot of errors appeared.

Compiling smbencrypt.c
smbencrypt.c: In function `str_to_key':
smbencrypt.c:34: parse error before `*'
smbencrypt.c:48: `des_cblock' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:48: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
smbencrypt.c:48: for each function it appears in.)
smbencrypt.c:48: parse error before `)'
smbencrypt.c: In function `D1':
smbencrypt.c:53: `des_key_schedule' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:53: parse error before `ks'
smbencrypt.c:54: `des_cblock' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:56: `deskey' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:60: parse error before `)'
smbencrypt.c:62: parse error before `)'
smbencrypt.c: In function `E1':
smbencrypt.c:67: `des_key_schedule' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:67: parse error before `ks'
smbencrypt.c:68: `des_cblock' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:70: `deskey' undeclared (first use this function)
smbencrypt.c:74: parse error before `)'
smbencrypt.c:76: parse error before `)'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `smbencrypt.o'

It seens to be an error with my des.h file......
I know there is a problem with DES library, cause USA government doen´t
permit to use more than " I don´t know how much" bits....

Do you know how can I compile the smbencrypt.c ?????

Thanks.

Christian Pinheiro
cmcp at sagesse.com.br