EOL conversion??

Richard Roberto robertr at nwmarkets.co.jp
Thu Dec 10 01:45:41 GMT 1998

Hi,

I've checked all the docs I can find and this top icisn't mentioned,
so I'm guessing there is no such thing, but I have users who swear
that VisionFS used to automatically convert unix text files to
windows text files (change the EOL to have both a carriage return
and a newline, instead of just a newline).  I think the user is
mistaken, but just wanted to check.  Is there a way for an SMB
service to do this, and if so, how can I configure SAMBA to do this?
I'd really like to stay with SAMBA since it can be managed from
Unix.  VisionFS can only be managed from a PC.

Thanks in advance,

Rich