Creating new folder in a WIN95 explorer czech version.

Robert Polá¹ek polasek at osapd.cz
Wed Dec 9 09:44:29 GMT 1998

I can't create new folder in a czech Win95 explorer on a unix using samba 1.9.18p7. The problem is that Windows exporer uses for the creation new folder a name containing characters above 128.
The explorer creates new folder in a two phases: the first It creates directory named Nov<A0> slo<A7>zka and next it gives to user
posibility to change this name. Crazy !!? The first phase is well interpreted but second phase failes and user loose a posibility to
access this new directory Nov<A0> slo<A7>zka. If I interpreted well content of log file it tells me that folder Nov<A0> slo<A7>zka was created but It tryes rename directory Nov<B5> slo<A6>zka.
May be I has wrong set smb.conf file. Can somebody help me with this.

		Robert Polasek

My smb.conf file:

; The global setting for a RedHat default install
; smbd re-reads this file regularly, but if in doubt stop and restart it:
; /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb stop
; /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start
;======================= Global Settings =====================================
[global]

  wins server = 192.168.0.71
  encrypt passwords = yes

; workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name, eg: REDHAT4
   workgroup = UNIXGROUP

; comment is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   comment = RedHat Samba Server

; volume = used to emulate a CDRom label (can be set on a per share basis)
   volume = RedHat4

; printing = BSD or SYSV or AIX, etc.
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

; Uncomment this if you want a guest account
;  guest account = pcguest
   log file = /var/log/samba/samba-log.%m
; Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb)
   max log size = 50

; Options for handling file name case sensitivity and / or preservation
; Case Sensitivity breaks many WfW and Win95 apps
    case sensitive = no
    short preserve case = yes
    preserve case = no
    mangle case = yes

; Security and file integrity related options
   lock directory = /var/lock/samba
   locking = yes
   strict locking = yes
;   fake oplocks = yes
   share modes = yes

;============================ Share Declarations ==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes
   create mode = 0750

; Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
; [netlogon]
;   comment = Samba Network Logon Service
;   path = /home/netlogon
; Case sensitivity breaks logon script processing!!!
;   case sensitive = no
;   guest ok = yes
;   locking = no
;   read only = yes
;   browseable = yes  ; say NO if you want to hide the NETLOGON share
;   admin users = @wheel

; NOTE: There is NO need to specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
; Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   public = yes
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700

[tmp]