Access to samba server on different domain

judy.padgett at amd.com judy.padgett at amd.com
Fri Aug 28 15:38:52 GMT 1998

I am having trouble being able to connect to my samba server when my pc
(running Win95) is on a different workgroup than the Samba server is on.

I am using security = user and I do have an account on the samba server
but not on the domain.

Here is my smb.conf global settings:

; Configuration file for smbd version 1.9.18p10 for Myserver. 8/25/98 -
JLP
; ==============================================
[global]
   browseable = yes
   server string = SAMBA Server - Judy Padgett x54290
   debuglevel = 2
   security = user
   password level = 4
   domain master = no
   local master = no
   preferred master = no
   os level = 0
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   load printers = yes
   printcap name = lpstat
;

Judy Padgett     :-)