Multiple usernames and strange log

Miquel Bonastre miquel at fib.upc.es
Wed Apr 29 10:07:32 GMT 1998

Hi guys,

   I would like you to help me with two problems we have
   here with samba.

   It works fine on almost all the situations but we're
   unable to connect from a win95 machine with two identities
   simultaneously.

   The situation is that: john and eric have their own account
   in the server (Unix running samba). They share another
   account (say netmen). They need access to their own account
   and to the common account (at the same time).

   Does anybody know how to achieve that on Win95?

   The other problem is related to the log in log.nmb:

process_node_status_request: status request for name *<00>
  from IP 195.122.195.222 on subnet REMOTE_BROADCAST_SUBNET
   - name not found.
process_node_status_request: status request for name *<00>
  from IP 195.122.195.222 on subnet REMOTE_BROADCAST_SUBNET
   - name not found.
process_node_status_request: status request for name *<00>
  from IP 195.122.195.222 on subnet REMOTE_BROADCAST_SUBNET
   - name not found.

  This file is plenty of lines like that. Almost all the IP addresses
  are out of our net. How can avoid receiving those requests or
  logging them?

  Thank you for your time.

--
                            Miquel Bonastre (miquel at fib.upc.es)