Win95 and samba-1.9.18p3

Don A Nguyen Don_A_Nguyen at aimfunds.com
Tue Apr 28 21:24:29 GMT 1998

     Does anybody have the same problem?

     I'm testing out samba-1.9.18p3 on a Solaris2.6 box and am having the
     following problem:

     When I try to map my home directory on a Win95 machine, its fails to
     authenticate the password.

     I have tried the following without success

     1. Ran the vrdrupd.exe without setting EnablePlainTextPassword to 1

     2. Set EnablePlainTextPassword to 1 after running vrdrupd.exe

     For both 1 and 2, encrypt passwords is not set and security = user

     3. Set encrypt passwords = yes and set up the file
     /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd for myself.

     On an older version samba-1.9.16p11, Win95 works fine when I set
     EnablePlainTextPassword to 1.

     Both versions work fine for WinNT machines.

     Thanks ahead for any insight or help.