win95 file "shared drive" doesn't always show all files.

Jan Vicherek honza at ied.com
Fri Apr 24 20:26:30 GMT 1998

  Hello,

   I have a slow (386DX40/16RAM) computer running win95. I have selected
the C and D drive to be shareable.

   When I smbmount the drive, I can cd into it and access it, all is fine.
But most of the time, doing ``ls'' in a directory with large number of
entries it only shows (out of 100 entries) only about 25. I can cd into a
subdir even though it is not listed, but e.g. ``find .'' doesn't detect
it. Sparsely ``ls'' shows all entries.

   Linux 2.0.30, redhat 5.0, smbfs-2.0.1 .

       Help !

       TIA,

              Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza at ied.com