Samba and Fax

Bill Campbell bill at camco2.celestial.com
Fri Sep 19 16:49:45 GMT 1997

On Fri, Sep 19, 1997 at 08:46:38AM +1000, Graham Leggett wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is it possible to send a fax to Samba (and then to mgetty+sendfax)
>through the standard Microsoft Fax drivers included with Win95/NT?

Why would you want to when there are many fax software packages that
run on Unix servers which are far superior to the M$ crud?  We use the
free HylaFax software on our systems here.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100

A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It is not
mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty
trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.
		-- Dave Barry