symlinks

Craig Patten crapat at caesar.auto-trol.com
Fri Sep 19 03:04:41 GMT 1997

Sorry to trouble you!

System Background:
Server is Sun OS 2.1.4
Clients are NT 4.0 (SP 1 and SP 3)

I'm a little confused when it comes to the follow symlinks parameter.

The man page included with samba-1.9.17p1 indicates that support for
symlinks are included, however the manpage on the samba web site make no
mention of them? From looking around at your web site it appears that
Symlinks support is new to samba with in the last 4 months.

We have confirmed that "follow symlinks = yes" is set (confirmed via
testparm).
"Wide links" is also set to yes, this should not make a difference as the
files are in the same directory tree.

The problem is that it does is that it does not follow the links.

We are new to Samba and may have missed something. Perhaps you could let us
know to what extent symlinks are supported in SAMBA.

Regards,

Craig Patten
Auto-trol Technologies, Inc