Access to the specified device, path or file is denied

Rainer Hauck hauck at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 4 07:57:55 GMT 1997

Hi,

I've got the following (annoying) problem with my Samba 1.9.17. After
logging in as a user, I'm not able to open anything in the 'Main' and in
the 'Administrative Tools'-window. In many other windows there is the
same problem. The message I receive says:

Application Execution Error:
Access to the specified device, path or file is denied

At the moment I solve the problem the following way:

Before opening anything else I have to open one of the programs that
normally work (word, winzip, ...). After doing so everything works fine.

Any hints, any comments?

Thanks a lot

Rainer Hauck

P.S.: I've seen the same problem with Samba 1.9.16p10 but not that
often. It appeared only one a week and now it appears at every login.
When logging in as root everything is fine.
--
        _  _ _  _ _  _          RAINER HAUCK
        |\/| |\ | |\/|          Institut fuer Informatik / Dept. of CS
        |  | | \| |  |          Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
     ======= TEAM =======       Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
Munich Network Management Team  Room D01,Phone +49-89-2178-2155,Fax
-2262
Muenchner Netz-Management Team  E-Mail: hauck at informatik.uni-muenchen.de