NT Domain logon

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Oct 31 12:08:57 GMT 1997

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> > you'll need to do encrypted passwords for your users.  what version of
> > unix are you using?  have you looked into PAMs?  (plug-in authentication
> > modules)
>
> The problem is, we'll never have cleartext passwords for the user.
> Maintaining a separate password database is unnaceptable. If we wanted to
> do that, we'd just run NT server.
>
> I'm semi familiar with PAM, but am not sure how they apply to this
> situation other than for checking that a given cleartext password is
> correct for a particular userid.

(run two simultaneous PAMs: one kerberos-pam, the other an ntdom-pam.  i
think that's the way it works.  each pam will be simultaneously
maintaining password databases.  each time the user changes their
password, both databases will be updated).

hang about... could you possibly describe your setup a little more to me,
so i can think about this?

         environment applies the Laws of Nature to you"               </b>