NT and slow logon

Jeroen Vriesman joenix at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 7 01:27:11 GMT 1997

Hi, still got the problem of NT slow logon, what am I doing wrong?

This is the situation:

Samba running on Unixware 2.1.1, SVR4 and RedHad.

Win95 and smbclient in any unix works fine.

A win NT machine sees the workgroup, but browsing to it takes a LONG
time ( 3 or 4 minutes or so..) and when the machines appear ( redhat,
unixware and SVR4 ) it again takes a lot of time to log on, after that
everything is fine.

I got mail about DNS, LMHOSTS and lots of other things, but all the tips
( thanks for the tips anyway ) didn't solve the problem.

Because win95 works correct, I think it's just some esotheric win NT
setting.

Anyone?

Thnx,

Jeroen.