Automated installs

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Tue Oct 7 10:31:31 GMT 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> > We have changed the reg entries and pointed all to users home dir on
> > server.  Thus no more log out then update user profile on server...I
> > would be happy to send you the changes..
> >

> I have the same type of setup although [blush] I was a little nervous
> about pointing the ProfileImagePath key to point kdirectly to the user's
> home directory.  No problem associated with it huh?  COOOOOL.....

I just want to check if I'm following you guys here:

What do you do with the Win95 PC's
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList to get it to
contain an appropriate username entry, with a ProfileImagePath pointing
to the user's profile on the server?

Do you clear the ProfileList somehow, and generate a .REG file which you
import from the logon script?

Regards

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 227-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}