NT4.0/Win95 -- connecting w/o user id

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Nov 26 23:31:33 GMT 1997

> What config data in needed in the smb.conf file so that persons
> on NT4.0 and Win95 can connect without specifying a usersname
> and password.

This would be a compile time option and not an smb.conf parameter.

See the GUESTSETUP ( or somethingsimiliar ) define in local.h.  The
default is defined as 0 ( i think ) you will want to set it to either 1 or
2 ( or is that 2 or 3 ).  I am not at my workstation right now but it is
pretty obvious in the source.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )