Backup domain controller?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Nov 25 15:37:22 GMT 1997

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Fred Pishotta wrote:

> Actually, my two cents/yen/lira/phennig on this issues is that in spite
> of the extraordinary cleverness of the developers, there are some things
> that Samba should not do, e.g., wash laundry, boil eggs, and be
> things like backup domain controllers (although if I had to choose,
> I would put the laundry thing as top priority).

fred,

have you filled in a samba survey entry?

perhaps you could put this in on your entry for the wish-list.  it would go
down with the rest of the classics such as "play the theme from 'annie, get
your gun' in the background"...

> Maybe it's time to review the "wish list" and discuss priorities a bit.

top two things on the wish list (checked eight months ago) were NT domain
controllers and GUI admin tools.