Backup domain controller?

Fred Pishotta Pishotta.Fred at Mayo.Edu
Tue Nov 25 14:37:45 GMT 1997

Actually, my two cents/yen/lira/phennig on this issues is that in spite
of the extraordinary cleverness of the developers, there are some things
that Samba should not do, e.g., wash laundry, boil eggs, and be
things like backup domain controllers (although if I had to choose,
I would put the laundry thing as top priority).

Really, I think it is reasonable to limit functionality in order
to provide greater stability, and let the developers have something
like reasonable lives (well... I realize that may be rather difficult
to define).  Simply keeping up with the MS service packs is enough to
drive one to distraction.

Maybe it's time to review the "wish list" and discuss priorities a bit.

-- Fred P.