\\server\share%user errors

Bob Franklin R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 14:50:17 GMT 1997

> On Win95 (pre OSR2) if I try to use \\server\share%user through start,
> run I get the usual password box, and login correctly, however I then
> recieve a "Share not found" or something similar, should I try to do a
> 'dir \\server\share%user' from this point onwards all is fine, however
> if i try start run \\server\share%user it throws up the same error.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Hi,

I didn't think Windows 95 supported this method of connecting with a
different username?

Oddly, though, it appears to just be the part of the client which parses
the network path and not the underlying client software.  I have written
a small (except it uses MFC :-) program which allows you to connect
specifying the username / password.

If anyone wants a copy / the source, they're welcome...

  - Bob

   "You know, there are people who would be unsettled by you."   -- Rob P
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{]                            Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  Computer Services Centre                      R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
  University of Reading, U.K.         http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~mince/