defunct smbd processes on SGI

reniers at natlab.research.philips.com reniers at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Nov 20 08:15:28 GMT 1997

Hello

We are running samba on SGI/SUN/HP fileservers.

We saw a problem on the SGI fileservers.
After a while a lot of defunct smbd deamons were hanging and
occupying the slots in the process table.

We saw the problem with IRIX 5.2 and samba 1.9.16p11 and
IRIX 6.2 and samba 1.9.17.p4 .

Has anybody seen this problem before? This is a serious problem, because
the smbd daemons are filling the process table, so new processen
cannot be created. Is there a solution for this problem??

Eddy Reniers
--
    Reniers, ing. C.M.E.

    Philips Research Laboratories
    Building WY p 023, Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Phone: +31-40-2744327

    E-mail: reniers at natlab.research.philips.com