Lost Samba Browse ability from some NT boxes

Dave Lawson DAVELA at menasco.com
Fri Nov 14 14:41:12 GMT 1997

Hi folks,

Everything has worked great until recently when some NT boxes are no
longer able to browse the Samba Server. I can still map samba drives by
specifying the exact path, using Find Computer in NT Explorer, or NET
USE use from the command prompt.

Most boxes are still fine.  No change occured with NT, AIX, or smb.conf
when this happened.  I tried increasing os level to 34, and specifying
preferred master = yes.  wins support has always been yes.  Will
updating from 1.9.16p7 to 1.9.18 help?

Super Dave