smbd can not be started ?

Hongwei Li hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:54:11 GMT 1997

Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for your help. I tried, but still failed.  I ran
	/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D -s
and got a message
	option requires an argument -- s
	-s services file

What's that file?  I tried
	/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D -s /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
then, no complain, but still nothing happened as before.  What services
file do you use?  Do you also usr -D option (I tried both, with and
without it)?  Any suggestion?

Hongwei