samba & clients on 2 subnets

Alan Taylor alan at medfax.com
Mon Nov 10 19:49:01 GMT 1997

> and subnet of 255.255.255.0) or is it that we are using the "remote
> announce" option incorrectly and it shouldbe "remote announce =
> 128.143.10.255, 128.143.57.255" ? Any ideas on why I sometimes work

I have a similar problem on AIX 4.2 with 1.9.17p2, so I am interested in
your findings.  The documentation for smb.conf states that the numbers
following your "remote announce =" should be the broadcast addresses of the
remote subnets.  It seems that your original line pointed to your Samba
server, which is incorrect.  The above line, however, is correct according
to the documentation.  Please post if you find a resolution to your problem.

Alan Taylor
Medfax Corporation