Samba broken again - any ideas?

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Fri Nov 7 07:49:12 GMT 1997

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Graham Leggett wrote:

> A general question: Why is samba so unreliable? I have used different
> versions of samba for over two years, and between then and now samba has
> been very unreliable, and doesn't look at becoming more reliable now.
> BUT - having said this I have almost never had the slightest problem
> with samba clients connecting to samba shares, all my problems occur
> Win95 -> samba. BUT having said THAT, Win95 -> Win95 works fine.

FWIW, Samba's been rock solid here no matter what I throw at it.

Same country - so this is a confirmation that it's not local conditions
killing you ;-)

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 229-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}