"Resource is in use"-message

Thor-Egil Ekeli thoree at hrp.no
Thu Nov 6 08:05:15 GMT 1997

Hello,

Quite often I am experiencing the following problem on the NT-clients when
trying to reconnect the network-drives using Samba. After logging on to the
NT-box the user is prompted for password when reconnecting the first drive.
(We are not using ecprypted passwords, therefore the extra prompting).
After typing the password again, the client starts to reconnect but comes
with the following message: "The resource is in use" or something like
that. When this happens I can press Ctrl-Alt-Del/Logoff and log on again
and everything works fine.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I am running version 1.9.16p2 of Samba.

Regards,

Thor-Egil

---
Thor-Egil Ekeli				Institutt for energiteknikk
systemingeniør				Postboks 173
email: thor.egil.ekeli at hrp.no		1751  HALDEN
Telefon : 69 21 24 01			Tlf. sentralbord : 69 21 22 00