Slow on SunOS 4.1.4 (Eudora mailer)

Charlie Brady cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Nov 6 03:34:55 GMT 1997

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Paul Ostro wrote:

> I have a problem with __extremely__ slow performance using the Eudora
> mailtool. Both the executables and the mailbox are on (different) Samba
> servers.

[snip]

> Does anybody recognise these symptoms, please? Have I missed a key
> configuration parameter?

You haven't mentioned what version of samba you have used.

This is just guessing, but grab the latest samba, and then look at the
various options for locking. I strongly suspect that your performace
problems are related to locking issues.

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301