SAMBA netlogons

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 15:31:47 GMT 1997

Hi
	I'm running Samba 1.9.16p11 with (mainly) Win95 PCs to mount network
drives and printers from a Sun network.  I have a simple netlogon script
which synchronises the PC time to the server.  In order to make this
work on the clients, in MS networks properties I clicked on 'Log on to
Windows NT domain' and entered the name of our Samba workgroup as the
domain name.  ** I am not running Windows NT on any machine **  However
this enables my netlogon scripts to work.

	However, after the netlogon script has run, a window appears saying
'Please wait while your Win NT logon script executes'.  There is a
noticable delay before the drives are then mounted.  So my question is,
how do I prevent the PCs from, presumably, searching for this NT logon
script ?

	Janet
-
Janet Dickson				| http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/
Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland	| email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd	| Telephone: +44 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.	| Fax: +44 131 650 4901