CD rom / linux

Brian Lalor blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:26:30 GMT 1997

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Erik Corry wrote:

> I'm not sure how you would get the volume label to appear in Windows.
> There's probably an ioctl you could poll on the CDROM device to get
> the label (assuming it's cached, and not reread from the CD every time),
> but how do you tell the SMB users the label?
Provided you are able to get the CD-ROM volume name, you could probably
work something into the supermount thing that would rewrite the volume
name option in an included smb.conf-type file (using include cdrom.conf or
something like that).  I'll have to check out that supermount thing...

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     consp32 at binghamton.edu

Coach: What's the story, Norm?
Norm:  Thirsty guy walks into a bar.  You finish it.
		-- Cheers, Endless Slumper