How to use NT-printer from UNIX machine?

Hongwei Li hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu
Mon Jul 28 20:31:22 GMT 1997

Hi,

We have IBM RS/6000 machines running samba-1.9.16p9.  These UNIX
machines have their own printers and people can print files from PCs
running windows.  Now, we just got a Windows NT 4.0 Server and a network
printer controlled by this server.  People can print any files from
their PCs to this NT-printer without any problem.  My question is: how
to let users print files from UNIX machines to this NT-printer?  I know
how to set up a remote printer on other UNIX machines, but it seems to
be different for a NT-printer.  Please tell me in detail what to do on
unix machines and on the NT server.

By the way, does anybody know if there is any similar mailing list/user
group for windows NT as this one for samba?

I appreciate all help!

Hongwei Li