Paradox

Hiran Chaudhuri hiran at chaudhuri.indernet
Thu Jul 24 19:43:06 GMT 1997

> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:13:00 +0000
> From: "Jon Myatt" <jon at avant.co.uk>
> To: samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au
> Subject: Paradox
>
> Anyone on the list using a Paradox database on a Samba server?
>
> I'm after any performance tweaks which might speed up
> accessing data in a particular application (Q-Pulse, just in case
> anyone's heard of it).
>
> Any smb.conf tweaks in general which have made a proven speed
> improvement would be welcomed.
>
> TIA
>
> Jon.

I have tried Paradox 5.0 and 7.0 with the work directory containing the
tables on a SAMBA share. SAMBA was running on a 486-33/Linux. Performance
poor, no tweaks.

Meanwhile I have set some socket options without noticing any speed gain,
but I have not been running Paradox since then...

At least its stable.

Hiran