SAMBA digest 1365/ commercial ads

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Thu Jul 24 20:18:35 GMT 1997

I hate to suggest this, but we need to do what has been done on a few other
lists that I'm on.  We need to close the list off to only people that are
members.

It's a shame to see so much spam here after seeing it in my personal
mailbox all day long.

At 11:21 PM 7/24/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:14:25 +0200 (MET)
>From: Konstantin Eftaxias <kef at eeb.de>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au>
>Subject: Re: SAMBA digest 1364/ commercial ads
>
>Hi everybody on this list,
>First of all, I would like to say that this list is the most valuable
>of all lists to me. Because of that, I am concerned about the increasing
>number of unwanted and mostly commercial postings to that list.
>Is there no way to prohibit that ?
>
>Konstantin

---
>Konstantin Eftaxias 					Tel.: ++49 711 701 756
>Eftaxias EDV Beratung					Fax.: ++49 711 701 339
>Bernhauser Hauptstr. 29					eMail kef at eeb.de
>70794 Filderstadt
---

-Ernie