Amanda 2.3.0.5-Samba 1.9.16p11 PC backups...

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Fri Jul 25 19:43:26 GMT 1997

Ernie Oporto writes:

> At 04:05 PM 7/25/97 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> Ernie Oporto writes:
>>> Also, the smbclient call only seems to be working for NT servers.  All of
>>> the Win95 machines reject the connection.  The Win95 machines are set to
>>> User-level access control to the same server that samba is running on.
>>
>> Well, if smbclient cannot access Win95 hosts, it is a problem in your
>> Win95 configuration or in samba, not it amanda.

> Ignoring Win95 for the moment, the server I *was* able to connect to is a
> Windows NT machine.  Samba-amanda doesn't work there and gives the message
> that I posted.

I had told you in my last message that you should not use backslashes
(\); use slashes (/) instead.  Besides, amanda will never perform a
level-0 backup in degraded mode, that is, if it does not have a tape
to write to.

There are also two patches in the patches page related with SAMBA
support.  I hope you have applied them, but they do not have anything
to do with the problems you've got so far.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva at dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva at acm.org