Amanda 2.3.0.5-Samba 1.9.16p11 PC backups...

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Fri Jul 25 20:47:31 GMT 1997

At 04:43 PM 7/25/97 -0300, you wrote:
>Ernie Oporto writes:

>>> Well, if smbclient cannot access Win95 hosts, it is a problem in your
>>> Win95 configuration or in samba, not it amanda.
>
>> Ignoring Win95 for the moment, the server I *was* able to connect to is a
>> Windows NT machine.  Samba-amanda doesn't work there and gives the message
>> that I posted.
>
>I had told you in my last message that you should not use backslashes
>(\); use slashes (/) instead.  Besides, amanda will never perform a
>level-0 backup in degraded mode, that is, if it does not have a tape
>to write to.

I changed that to regular slashes and it got rid of some of the messages in
the AMANDA logs.  The tape is a problem through, since I was hoping to just
dump to holding area.  I'm still testing this all out, so I didn't want to
commit to adding a tape drive.  Looks like I'll have to do that now.

>There are also two patches in the patches page related with SAMBA
>support.  I hope you have applied them, but they do not have anything
>to do with the problems you've got so far.

Since I'm using AMANDA 2.3.0.5, I am assuming those patches are already in
there.  Yes?
-Ernie
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276