How to write a printcap entry for remote printer

Chuck Bearden cbearden at rothut.hpl.lib.tx.us
Tue Jul 15 16:38:55 GMT 1997

I am sharing some printers attached to Win95 boxes, and would like to be
able to do more than connect from Linux with smbclient and print via
translate.  I would like to be able to specify a printcap entry for these
so as to be able to print from pine or lynx or Netscape (when I get X
running here at work).

I haven't found anything in Samba docs or LDP docs yet to tell me how to
write such an entry on my Linux box for a queue on a remote Samba printer.
Can anyone point me to something that will describe this?

Many thanks,

Chuck Bearden
cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us