MetaMessage: Jessica Mydek, advertisements, etc...

Luke Leighton lkcl at pires.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 16:39:43 GMT 1997

> Is one of the following options possible?
>
> 1)  Messages from non-list members are forwarded to a worthy soul(s) for
>     review before being placed on the list.

takes someone's time, that does.

> 2)  Non-members who send to the list get a message explaining how to
>     subscribe/unsubscribe.

i like this one, better.  and including an apology, explaining that this
is an unregulated list, and we keep getting spam.

> I think that would eliminate the ads.

we can only hope....

> What is the percentage of posters who are not list members?

i think that it's fairly minimal: about one per week / two weeks.
they usually identify themselves because they want to receive

luke