1.9.18alpha13 (note + question)

Simon Oosthoek simon at margo.student.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 22 08:32:57 GMT 1997

Hi,

I've installed the latest alpha (13) release of 1.9.18 and it's
working fine. The problems [1] we had with browsing when using
1.9.17pX releases of nmbd appear to be gone.

I've noticed a lot of entries in the log.nmbd file with this version
of the form:

find_response_record: repsonse packet id 11519 received with no
matching record.
find_subnet_for_nmb_packet: response record not found for response id
11519
(note the typo: repsonse instead of response ;-)

What does this mean? I've not noticed any problems, but maybe other
machines do?

please enlighten me :-)

Simon.

[1] Server being invisible in the workgroup, only the server and one
other host visible, workgroup not accessible/visible in the entire
network.

PGP public key: search for s.oosthoek at student.utwente.nl on
http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html  or
http://www.pgp.com/keyserver/pks-toplev.cgi

Download the international version of PGP 5.0 on
http://www.ifi.uio.no/pgp/