Samba Browse list truncation

Rick Cochran rick at msc.cornell.edu
Sat Dec 20 14:49:36 GMT 1997

When viewed from Win95 or WinNT, the last several shares from my Samba
server are missing.

smbclient shows them all.

Experiments with sharing 21 directories, all with 244 character comments,
from an NT machine demonstrate that this is not a "client side" problem.

I noticed the claim in 1.9.17p3 to have fixed this, so I installed p4,
but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-Rick

--
|Rick Cochran		  			      phone: 607-255-7223|
|Cornell Materials Science Center			FAX: 607-255-3957|