Latest SAMBA binaries for SunOS 4.1.3

James Patton Unix Sys Admin jrp at mrwa.wa.gov.au
Tue Dec 16 02:42:11 GMT 1997

Hello all

On my SunOS 4.1.3_U1 / SPARCstation 5 (ie. sun4m
architecture) server I am running SAMBA 1.9.15p8,
and I am having all sorts of permission problems.

For example, there are two AutoCAD drawings with identical
Unix ownership and permissions (ie. 666), sitting in the exact
same directory.  The directory has 777 permissions.

>From the NT client, one of the drawings will open read/write,
whilst the other will only open read-only !!

The share has create mode = 0777, writeable = yes, read only = no,
with a list of valid users.

Before trying to fix this problem, I would first like to update
to the latest stable release of SAMBA.  I feel this may solve
my problems.

However, I don't have an ANSI compatible C compiler for
SunOS 4.1.x.  And I can't find the binaries for the latest cut
of SAMBA for SunOS 4 anywhere!

Can anyone help or give advice?  If anyone has the binaries
for the latest stable cut of SAMBA for SunOS 4.1.x / Sun4m
I would be much obliged if they could gzip a copy and mail
them to me.  Or send me the URL of an ftp site where I can
get them.

Thanks in advance

Regards

James Patton		 	 	 __o
Unix and NT Systems Administration	`\<,
Main Roads Western Australia	      (_)/(_)

       Main Roads Western Australia   Voice : +61-08-93234405       _--_|\
       Waterloo Crescent              Fax   : +61-08-93234138      /      \
       PO Box 6202                    				   *_.--._/
       East Perth, 6892         e-mail: James.Patton at mrwa.wa.gov.au.     v
       Australia

	To see a world in a grain of sand
	And a heaven in a wild flower
	To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
	And eternity in an hour.

			William Blake
			Auguries of Innocence