Troubles with the Speed of Samba

F. G. P. fgp at fgp.atnet.at
Thu Dec 11 06:20:23 GMT 1997

Hi

I just installed Samba 1.9.16p9 on my linux box. It works quite well,
but opening a share (or a sub-folder of a share) takes up to 2 minutes. If
have the same samba version installed on a notebook (486), and connected
to the same net it is as fast as a win-nt workstation. I already tried
using my notebook-smb.conf on my linux-box - but no sucess. Opening also
speeds up if I map the share to a local drive on my win-nit workstations.
   Hope someone can help - linux just CAN'T be slower than an
nt-workstation :-))

					f.g.p.