nmbd crashing as domain controller

Bob Franklin R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 10:51:55 GMT 1997

Hi,

> ok.  what compiler are you using?  i suspect it's not gcc, or a
> compiler that initialises its static variables to all NULLS.
>
> if not, then bzero the static cli_state structure at the start of the
> nmbsync.c routine.

I'm using GCC 2.7.2 on Linux 2.0.30 and (currently) 1.9.17p4.  Would this
make any difference?

(OTOH: I can't find cli_state in nmbsync.c, or anyway, for that matter.)

  - Bob

   "You know, there are people who would be unsettled by you."   -- Rob P
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{]                            Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  Computer Services Centre                      R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
  University of Reading, U.K.         http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~mince/