Why \pipe\MKSPipe ?

Mike Black mblack at csihq.com
Mon Dec 1 17:58:12 GMT 1997

I've got Source Integrity installed on our network and at least one person
is having a problem checking files in.

A tcpdump shows that the client is trying to open \pipe\MKSPipe (MKS is the
Source Integrity Manufacturer).  SAMBA (of course) replies with:

SMBError = ERRSRV - ERRaccess (The requester does not have  the  necessary
access  rights  within  the specified  context for the requested function.
The context is defined by the TID or the UID.)

Since \pipe\MKSPipe is NOT one of the standard pipes mentioned in ipc.c (I
guess LANMAN is the only one) does anyone have ANY idea of how I fix this?