nmbd crashing as domain controller

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Dec 1 18:42:30 GMT 1997

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Robert Franklin wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We've been over this before many times, I think... it's about nmbd
> > crashing in 1.9.17 (all patchlevels, AFAIK).
> >
> > Various suggestions have been suggested (cron jobs to kill off / restart
> > nmbd every hour) but no fixes to nmbd itself (I think).
> >
> > Do the Samba team know of a fix (or could they do one; if they know what
> > the problem is)?  A new [fast] machine added to our network recently seems
> > to be able to crash our server very regularly. :)
>
> 1) what patch

damn didn't answer this part of your question :-)

ok.  what compiler are you using?  i suspect it's not gcc, or a compiler
that initialises its static variables to all NULLS.

if not, then bzero the static cli_state structure at the start of the
nmbsync.c routine.

lukes

p.s - gotta rush: got a concert rehearsal.