HP CIFS vs JYC SAMBA 2.2.8

Aravinda Guzzar aguzzar at gmail.com
Fri May 9 04:57:57 GMT 2008

Hi Mike,

yes there are lots of benefits migrating from 2.2.8 to the latest version of
CIFS on VMS.

It is been qualified on the latest hardware of Itanium and Alpha, with the
latest OSes. There is support for VMS specific file formats viz. Varaible
Length formats, StreamLF and supports ODS2 disks also. It is been qualified
on the clusters also. So you will get the benefit of the clusters.

Please note that you need to have the latest CRTL patches. before you
migrate and as a suggestion please test the software on your test hardwares,
and convince yourself before migrating to the production.

Regards
Aravind

On 5/9/08, Michael Ober <mdo at wakeassoc.com> wrote:

> Now that HP's CIFS has been out for a few months, are there any benefits
> to migrating from JYC's Samba 2.2.8 to HP CIFS?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Ober.
>
> PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING:

Aravinda
(Views expressed here are my personal opinion ONLY)