HP CIFS vs JYC SAMBA 2.2.8

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Fri May 9 12:30:29 GMT 2008

>> are there any benefits
>> to migrating from JYC's Samba 2.2.8 to HP CIFS?
>
> yes there are lots of benefits ... It is been qualified on the latest
> hardware of Itanium and Alpha, with the latest OSes

On the other hand, I believe HP's CIFS-for-VMS product isn't available
for VAXen, or on VMS versions earlier than 7.3-2 .... so if you've got
one of those platforms (more common than you might think) then you have
to stick with JYC Samba.

Someone please let me know if I'm wrong :)

Nick Boyce
EDS ASFO EMEA, Bristol, UK