Samba and OpenOffice - save file

bradhamilton bradhamilton at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 23:44:49 GMT 2007

Paul Jerrom wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I did try sending an email to OpenVMSCIFS at hp.com, but no reply. We have had
> several problems, including printing to a VMS queue, VAMPIREing accounts and
> migrating passwords from Advanced server, and other more minor issues of
> security and browsing.

Sorry for the "me too", but I've also received no reply to email sent to
openvmscifs at hp.com, regarding my problems getting SAMBA/CIFS to run on
Alpha V8.3.

> It would be useful if there was a website that listed what does and doesn't
> work - the above might be things that are known not to work, so it might
> well be wasting your and my time by reporting these. Is there a definitive
> list? Is there a mechanism for reporting issues?

I was told that the above email address was the proper mechanism for
issue reporting, but that seems to be incorrect.  Perhaps the gentleman
from hp who responded in this thread can give us the correct contact
information.