Samba and OpenOffice - save file

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 08:44:48 GMT 2007

Hi,
 A short intro about myself. I worked at HP in the team porting Samba
to VMS. I was one of the main programmers in the team. I no longer
work for HP or represent HP. That being said:

The OpenVMSCIFS at hp.com is the mail address to communicate. The
response is slow at the moment as a new kit is getting ready which
makes most the questions redundant as many of the earlier limitations
have been worked/reworked.
There is a active development team involved and good progress has been made.

IMHO, please consider CC'ing the technical query mails you send to
OpenVMSCIFS at hp.com the the samba-vms mailing list too (as I no longer
have access to the HP mail account)

On a personal note, I would love to continue work on porting Samba on
VMS. I do not have access to a VMS 8.3 on IA64 (as I am no longer with
HP). Is it possible for anyone interested in Samba on VMS to
sponser/provide me a shell account on such a system. I need DECC
compiler, CRTL and MMS with basic privilages to set a TCPIP service
for NMBD and SMBD. Be able to set some system wide logicals.
I would be more than happy to continue the work I did at HP more out
of personal interest. I am considering trying the free AXP emulator
and getting a hobbyist license and have in on my desktop, but that is
rather far fetched. I am stressing on VMS 8.3 on IA64 as that was the
primary focus (till I was at HP).

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!