Disk limit in v3.0.10

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:08:52 GMT 2006

Hi,

On 9/26/06, paul.beaudoin at hsbc.com <paul.beaudoin at hsbc.com> wrote:

> I have managed to get CIFS (3.0.10) installed on VMS8.2 and it seems to

Thank you for evaluating the HP OpenVMS CIFS (as we call the VMS port of Samba)

> work well other than the Win clients always see a 20MB disk. While most
> software ignores this reported size and write any size file, some refuse to
> because the 'disk is full' The actual disk is a mostly empty 72GB disk. Is
> there any way to have VMS report the real size? I tried the smb parameter
> max disk size set to 4000 (mb) but this had no effect.

 We have fixed this issue (with some other fixes and overall code
cleanup). The new kit should get released anytime shortly.

with best regards,
dk

(I am part of the engineering team at HP working on VMS port of Samba)

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!