Disk limit in v3.0.10

paul.beaudoin at hsbc.com paul.beaudoin at hsbc.com
Tue Sep 26 12:58:53 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have managed to get CIFS (3.0.10) installed on VMS8.2 and it seems to
work well other than the Win clients always see a 20MB disk. While most
software ignores this reported size and write any size file, some refuse to
because the 'disk is full' The actual disk is a mostly empty 72GB disk. Is
there any way to have VMS report the real size? I tried the smb parameter
max disk size set to 4000 (mb) but this had no effect.

Thanks

Paul

HSBC Bank plc
Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ
Registered in England - Number 14259

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This E-mail is confidential.

It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may
not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received
this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system
and notify the sender immediately by return E-mail.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error
or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.