2 GB limit?

George Watson watson at srfnet.com
Thu Mar 11 17:57:35 GMT 2004

>The obvious thing to try would be to rebuild SAMBA with _LARGEFILE
>defined, see if it flies. I'm not aware of anyone who has tried this.
>One would probably need to manually edit the CONFIG.H files also.
>
>Richard Brodie

I took a look at this once.  Unfortunately, while the base SAMBA sources have
large file support, and the new VMS CRTL has large file support, the VMS
support code for SAMBA (which comes between the two) makes a private
definition of the STAT structure, and blocks the ability to support large files.
Of course, even if that redefinition weren't there, it would take significant
work to get the two large file pieces to work together.

	- GGW3