2 GB limit?

COLLOT Jean-Yves jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr
Mon Mar 15 17:34:35 GMT 2004

I started to have a look on this 2GB size limit, and I don't clearly
understand the last couple of messages in this list, about the "_LARGEFILE"
definition. I suppose that you make references to some SAMBA/VMS version
older than the one (2.2.8) on which I am working.

Having made a couple of tests, and looked around in the source, I think that
it would not be a big problem to support files between 2Gbytes and 4Gbytes
(i.e. the size in bytes can be coded on an unsigned long), providing that
your version of the C RTL is recent. Actually, I don't really know which
version is OK. I know that VMS 7.3-1 is OK, but 7.1-2 is not.

For files bigger that this 4Gb max, the problem is far more difficult.

JYC